The JLP releases an updated Preventing Harassment and Violence in the Workplace
The JLP is proud to announce the re-release of Preventing Harassment and Violence in the Workplace (PHVW) on May 19, 2023. First released in 2019, the new version has up-to-date information on legislation and regulations, as well as the most recent results from the Public Service Employee Survey.
Resources for facilitators delivering this one-day workshop have also been updated in keeping with plain-language principles. A new and improved facilitation kit introduction, fresh graphics and notes for facilitators round out the updates to this relevant, timely and important workshop.
PHVW participants will:
- Explore what generally constitutes harassment.
- Become familiar with the legal definitions of harassment and violence in the workplace that are included in existing Canadian human rights and health and safety legislation.
- Explore how the health and safety framework specifically relates to domestic violence in the workplace.
- Clarify the respective roles and responsibilities of the union and the employer in preventing harassment and violence from occurring in the workplace
- Explore the different options available for resolution.
- Discuss how diversity, inclusion and respect are key factors to prevent harassment in the workplace.
- Determine personal and collective actions to ensure workplaces are safe, inclusive, respectful, and free of harassment and violence.
To organize a JLP workshop in your workplace, please submit a request on the JLP website or contact your local Regional Field Coordinators for more information.